Freelance content marketing services in Brighton
- Happy with your content?
- Is it working hard for you or are you working hard at it?
- Want to find out what content could be doing for you?
- Read on to discover how my freelance content marketing services can drive visitors to your site, build your brand and increase your search visibility.
I’m a Brighton-based freelance content writer with more than 15 years’ experience achieving online results. You can check out what the businesses I have worked with say about me here.
And you can check out the range of skills I have to enhance your content marketing on these pages:
Or you can just chat to me: friendly advice and insightful comments are free with every enquiry!
“Content is anything that adds value to the reader’s life.”
Avinash Kaushik, Google
Is your content king?
Your content certainly can be king, but only if you are prepared to start thinking beyond your website. Great content goes hand in hand with creative outreach, ideation and customer insight.
Publish and they will come is advice for a less crowded age. Today there are simply too many voices clamouring for attention, and yours is just one amongst many.
According to the latest estimates Google has indexed more than 5 trillion pages on the World Wide Web. This means that each page you publish is potentially no more than a drop in a very big ocean.
You are going to have to work a bit harder if you are to keep your content enthroned.
What is content marketing?
“Content is king, but marketing is queen, and runs the household.”
To succeed in search you are going to need to be worth finding.
You must first and foremost have genuinely useful content that:
- Covers all the bases and delivers all the answers.
- Adds value rather than offers more of the same.
You next need others to recognise this, discuss it and link to it.
- This makes your content easier to find.
- So others can discuss it and link to it.
And so it goes around.
Marketing your content makes your first small ripples begin to spread until they become significant waves.
What do you need to make it happen?
“Sometimes marketers confuse influencer marketing with manipulation, bribing or worse. Influence is something you deserve by being relevant for others. The support of an influencer needs to be deserved […] by being relevant.”
J-P De Clerck
You need amplifiers to start making yourself heard and you need some content that strikes a real chord.
- Links from other sites build your authority.
This raises your profile on search engine pages.
- Influencers are established experts whose recommendations carry a lot of weight.
They can deliver a lot of traffic and earn you a lot of links.
- Social networks ensure you can stay in touch with your own audience.
They can help spread the word for you.
If it all sounds easy, that’s great. Talk to me to start delivering on the promise.